Graduate Student Opportunity in a New Lab at the University of South Dakota

I will be starting a lab group in the Department of Biology at the
University of South Dakota (http://www.usd.edu/arts-and-sciences/biology) in
the Fall, 2016.  I am looking for graduate students (MS or PhD) interested
in molecular ecology.  Specifically, in collaboration with Andrew Russell at
the University of Exeter, we have collected 10+ years of genetic data in the
cooperatively breeding species, the chestnut-crowned babbler. I am looking
to recruit one or two students interested in bioinformatics to work with me,
Dr. Russell, and Dr. Erliang Zeng answering questions about heritability of
traits (e.g. helping), population structuring, and the like (this is
relatively open depending on the interests of the student(s)).  Although
considerable data is already available for use, some opportunity may exist
to gain lab experience if desired to generate additional data in other
individuals (e.g. epigenetics of helping).

Some statistical background would be useful and attention to detail is a
requirement.

Additionally, I am interested in discussing other opportunities (ideally for
which we could write a fellowship for) for PhD students to work with me in
the future. Areas of interest include the causes and consequences of
developmental environment (e.g. temperature), stress physiology, metabolic
regulation, epigenetic regulation, and behavior.

If interested, please contact Andrea Liebl (a.l.li...@exeter.ac.uk).