Please see the link below for a GS-12 Forester position (permanent) with the US
Forest Service.  Note the narrow time window for applications.  Please direct
inquiries to

Dr. Morris Johnson (mcjohn...@fs.fed.us),

not to me.

>> Job Announcement Number:  16-RES-212935DP-AL
>>
>> Link to Vacancy announcement in USAJOBS:
>> https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/433172800/
>>
>> Vacancy Open Date: March 28, 2016
>> Vacancy Close Date: April 1, 2016

Don McKenzie
Pacific Wildland Fire Sciences Lab
US Forest Service

____________________________

Job Overview

Summary

A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more
than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research
through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest
Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry
agencies.

It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.

This position is located at the Seattle, WA location for the Pacific Northwest
Research Station and is responsible for performing work in support of active
management of natural disturbance due to fire and climate through research and
development. The selectee will provide risk assessments and management
strategies for restoring ecosystem integrity threatened by changing fire and
climate regimes.

For additional information about this position please contact Morris Johnson at
206-732-7852 or by email at mcjohn...@fs.fed.us.

The work may require moderate to strenuous physical exertion, including walking
over steep or uneven terrain, bending, lifting, and carrying.  Considerable
effort is required at night and in extreme discomfort of heat and smoke from
forest and rangeland burning.  The work requires operation of a motor vehicle
over conditions ranging from paved highways to steep, mountainous roads.

This position is permanent seasonal: you will be guaranteed 36 weeks of
full-time work, but there may be a possibility to work more. You will be placed
in non-pay/non-duty status when not working.