The Department of Biology at UW-La Crosse invites applications for an
academic year, non-tenure-track position at the level of associate
lecturer. This position is potentially renewable for one additional
year. Our new colleague will teach lectures and/or laboratories in
Introductory Biology, Organismal Biology, Ecology, and Ichthyology.
Dependent on qualifications and experience, the individual may be asked
to teach additional classes.  Expertise in the area of fish ecology is
required. Candidates must possess a M.S. or Ph.D. by the start date (ABD
are encouraged to apply, Ph.D. is preferred).  Teaching experience in
the life sciences is required; at least one semester of experience as
the primary instructor of a college level biology course is preferred.
Our dynamic and collegial department supports and values diversity in
its faculty, staff, and students. We seek colleagues who will be
dedicated teachers and effective mentors for students with diverse
backgrounds, preparation, and career goals.  Demonstrated commitment to
creating inclusive learning environments and to working with students
and colleagues from diverse backgrounds is desirable.

Contract begins August 29, 2016.  Applicants are required to submit a
letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching
philosophy, and contact information for three references. Questions may
be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Meredith Thomsen. Review
of applications will begin May 2, 2016, and continue until the position
is filled.

Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required.  For
additional information about this position and to apply, please visit
https://employment.uwlax.edu/.