Dear Ecolog,

With ESA2016 right around the corner, I have been thinking about how to
increase our outreach as a
discipline. Last week, I discovered video abstracts for papers. They are
relatively common in other fields,
and we could consider doing them both for our papers and conference
presentations such as the
upcoming meeting.

If you are unfamiliar with this short video format, I did a blog post
summarizing the resources associated
with their production.

INFO:
http://www.christopherlortie.info/a-scicomm-resource-guide-to-video-abstracts/

For better or worse, I also tried my first one, and it was an illuminating
experience to say the least.

SAMPLE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HCnLPqYvE0

I was wondering how interested we might be in doing so, and to get a sense of
that, I set up a quick poll
using google forms.  If you can spare 15 seconds, please click below and
complete.  I will share all
findings.

QUICK POLL: http://goo.gl/forms/y9drmGBj3b

If there is significant interest, I will also compile additional resources and
connect with a few professional
scientific communicators to provide additional information.

cheers,
chris.