Good Morning Ecologers,

I am a graduate student at Florida International University.  I am currently
working on testing for density dependence in a 20 year time series.  I have
completed my preliminary analysis which tests that excludes time lags.  I am
posting to this e-mail list to seek help in conducting my analysis with time
lags.  I am not fully understanding how to properly calculate the
autocorrelation function and how to apply lags to the theta-logistc, Ricker,
and  stochastic Gompertz equations.  I figure with the ESA meeting fast
approaching that I could reach out to researchers who might be more familiar
with this than myself.  I will be at ESA in Ft. Lauderdale all week.  Please
contact me at jgatt...@fiu.edu <mailto:jgatt...@fiu.edu>  if you are
familiar with how to test for density dependence with time lags or the paper
listed below.  I will also have a sign on the message board at ESA with my
contact information.

Turchin, P. 1990. Rarity of density dependence or population regulation with
lags? Nature 344:660-663.

Thank you for your time!

John Vincent Gatto

Doctoral Candidate