Deadline:
**Sep 30, 2016**

Location:
**Annapolis, MD**

http://www.sesync.org/careers/assistant-director-of-science-and-policy

The National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) is an
environmental research center dedicated to accelerating scientific
discovery at the interface of human and ecological systems. We support new
interdisciplinary collaborations that pursue data-driven solutions to
pressing socio-environmental problems. SESYNC offers a range of services to
research teams, including supporting the team science process, meeting
planning and facilitation, travel and logistical support, and
cyberinfrastructure resources.  SESYNC features and supports the work of
natural scientists, social scientists, policy makers, and practitioners.

The Position:

We seek an individual with at least five years of professional experience
who can:

+ Facilitate collaboration between academic researchers from diverse fields
and between researchers and environmental practitioners, managers, and
policy experts;
+ Recruit researchers and policy experts to SESYNC’s projects;
+ Engage with postdoctoral fellows;
+ Assist with workshops and other center activities as needed.

The ideal candidate will enjoy collaborative projects, understand the
inherent difficulties of collaborative work among intellectually diverse
experts, have some experience with public policy issues, and care about
linking science to real world policy, decisions, and management.

The Assistant Director will work with SESYNC’s Director of Social Science
and Policy, James Boyd, but be involved across the Center’s diverse set of
programs.

Qualifications:
Relevant Experience

The four following types of experience are particularly relevant to our
review of candidates:

+ Practical experience related to government, NGO, or private sector
environmental policy or decision making;
+ Post-graduate training and academic postings in any field relevant to
socio-environmental research;
+ Design, facilitation, execution of workshops and other forms of research
collaboration;
+ Science communication to audiences outside academia.

Candidates need not have existing experience in all four of these areas,
though all four are desirable.

More About the Position:
Position is full time.

Salary:
Commensurate with experience.

How to Apply:
Please follow instructions for how to apply using the webform located at:
http://www.sesync.org/careers/assistant-director-of-science-and-policy

Position open until filled. For best consideration, please apply by
September 30, 2016.