MS Opportunity in Wetland Ecology at UConn(beginning Jan 2017)

A MS level graduate student position is available in the Lawrence Lab in
the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment at the
University of Connecticut. The Lawrence Lab conducts primary and applied
research focused on improving our understanding of wetland community
composition and ecosystem function. The funded project is focused on
assessing the impacts of road salt pollution on plant communities and
carbon cycling in forested wetlands of southern New England. Research
assistant funding is available for a master’s student to begin studies
during the spring 2017 semester (January 2017).

The ideal candidate for this project will have a BS in a related field,
plant identification skills, previous field and laboratory research
experience, the ability to work independently, and enthusiasm for the
scientific process. To be considered, please contact Dr. Beth Lawrence
prior to applying via email (beth.lawre...@uconn.edu) with the following
information: Curriculum vitae or resume, GPA and GRE scores, brief
statement of research experience, interests and career goals, and
contact information for 2-3 references. For more information on my
research program, please visit my lab website:
http://lawrencelabuconn.weebly.com/. Information about the Department of
Natural Resources and the Environment can be found at:
http://www.nrme.uconn.edu/ and details about applying to the Graduate
School at the University of Connecticut can be found at:
http://grad.uconn.edu/. The Department accepts applications on a rolling
basis, but contact with Dr. Lawrence should be made before November 1,
2016 to warrant full consideration.