NEPA public comment is currently open for a proposal by the U.S. military to
withdraw up to > 227,000 acres from the Desert National Wildlife Refuge.
This refuge, established in 1936 partly through the efforts of President
Franklin D. Roosevelt, is the largest national wildlife refuge in the lower
48 states and contains several tracts of previously proposed wilderness.
Further information is available on the Friends of Nevada Wilderness
website:  http://www.nevadawilderness.org/dnwr
Please do not email me with questions, as I have no further information, am
not involved with the project, and am not doing interviews on this subject.
 I am simply making this information available to the broader ecology and
conservation community, as there may be little knowledge of this proposal
outside of southern Nevada.

Scott R. Abella
Assistant Professor, Restoration Ecology
School of Life Sciences
University of Nevada Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-4004
scott.abe...@unlv.edu
​​**New book out titled Conserving America's National Parks!
Check out the description here:
https://sites.google.com/site/conservingnationalparks/
​https://sites.google.com/site/scottrabella/