Instagram can be a powerful social media tool for scientists. When used
effectively, Instagram can advance research careers and further outreach
goals. Unfortunately, very few researchers receive any training on how
to use Instagram for professional purposes.

That’s where SciFund Challenge, an outreach-focused nonprofit, comes in
with our new class: Using Instagram to Boost Your Science. Over three
weeks, you’ll learn how to use Instagram to further your science.
Additionally, since Instagram is focused on photos, we’ll also teach you
how to create better images. Even better, by the end of the class,
you’ll have created a personal Instagram plan to further your research
or outreach goals.

This class is being taught in partnership with the Louisiana State
University’s College of Science and Communication across the Curriculum
program. The class will be running for three weeks, from January 27-
February 17, 2017. The class is intended for academics that are new to
Instagram and it is open to academics at any level, in any discipline.
The class will be online, so all countries are welcome.

The deadline to apply is January 26th, but our classes usually fill up
early. Act soon if  you are interested! Here's the link for more
information:
http://bit.ly/2hLnMQo

Jai Ranganathan
j...@scifund.org