Summer 2017 Internships at the Holden Arboretum

This 12-week summer internship will provide you with an opportunity to work
with scientists from The Holden Arboretum studying the effects of
environmental change on plants and forests of Northeast Ohio. Internships
typically run from late May thru early August but timing is flexible. Duties
may include: assisting in soil and plant sampling, plant data collection, as
well as extracting, amplifying, and analyzing DNA from soils and roots.
Interns will be compensated with a stipend of $440/week and on-site housing is
available if needed for a nominal fee ($30 per week). Due to our rural
location, interns are responsible for their own transportation. Persons with
knowledge of or interest in ecology, microbiology, or plant biology are
encouraged to apply.

Applicants should send a letter of interest, a resume that discusses your
prior experience, and two references. Applicants should also indicate their
primary research interest. Holden research staff and a description of their
respective programs can be found at:
http://holdenarb.org/education/research-staff.asp.

Questions concerning the internships can be addressed to Dr. David Burke
(dbu...@holdenarb.org).

To apply: Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the
positions are filled.  Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest
and resume online at:
https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=15518401&t=1.

Posting Date:  January 2017

Closing Date:  Until Filled
The Holden Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a
diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced
individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the
country’s foremost arboreta.