I met Billy Barr when I worked at RMBL one summer in the early 90s.  He was
a trip and a real character, part caretaker and part solar prophet.  He was a
little awkward, but seemed like a genuinely nice guy.  At the time he had a
small solar-panel business which he called Solar Systems, although I don't know
if he continued with that.

    And of course, I also didn't know about his notebooks.  It gives me a
little hope for my own daily observations of weather, birds and plant phenology
in my area--even if I haven't chopped quite so much wood.

                     - J. A.