I am seeking a graduate student to work on an NSF funded project
reconstructing the paleoecology of an extended drought period in the Great
Basin. I have three years of guaranteed RA funding that can be followed
with teaching assistantship funding. PhD student applicants are preferred
but MS students are welcome to apply. We are working with a team of
archaeologists who will be examining the impacts of this drought on Native
American occupation within the Great Basin. For details on the research,
see Award 1636519
<https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/researchadmin/viewAwardLetter.do?awardId=1636519&pageFrom=pi_activeAwardList>
.

Please send messages to smens...@unr.edu with any inquiries.

Applications are due February 15, 2017. There is funding available to begin
June 2017.

Scott Mensing
Department of Geography
University of Nevada, Reno