Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce a "Workshop on the Science and Management of Ash
Forests after Emerald Ash Borer", to be held in Duluth, MN, USA, 25 - 27
July, 2017. The workshop will focus on the effects of emerald ash borer on
ash forests, including ecological effects and management activities used to
address the post-invasion of emerald ash borer. Our intent is to discuss
the state of the science and management and to strengthen networking and
collaborations across forest management and research. We invite
contributions to the workshop in oral or poster presentation format, on the
following and other related topics:

 - Ecological effects
 - Silvicultural practices
 - Effects on hydrology and soils
 - Management, mitigation, or adaptation
 - Effects on other forest uses
 - Ecosystem processes and stores, including carbon and nutrient cycling

The call for abstracts and registration are now open at
https://ashworkshop.org/ The deadline for abstract submission is 28
February 2017.

We have also arranged for a special issue of Forests focused on the effects
of emerald ash borer on ash forests, and invite you to submit a manuscript
by 31 December 2017. Submissions can be made via:
http://www.mdpi.com/journal/forests/special_issues/EAB

We are looking forward to seeing you in Duluth.

Best regards,
Dr. Randy K. Kolka (rko...@fs.fed.us)
Research Soil Scientist
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
Grand Rapids, MN

Dr. Tony D'Amato (anthony.dam...@uvm.edu)
Associate Professor in Silviculture and Applied Forest Ecology
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT

Contact: Dr. Nam Jin Noh (n...@mtu.edu)
Forest Ecologist