Post-doctoral position-Cornell University

The postdoctoral position is with an interdisciplinary project titled Creating
the Cover Crops that Organic Farmers Need: Delivering Regionally Adapted
Varieties across America.  We are in the midst of conducting screening trials
comparing populations of winter annual legumes commonly used as green manures
in order to select breeding material with traits identified by organic farmers
as priorities. We are evaluating biomass production, N content and biological N
fixation (BNF) across legume species, cultivars, and populations in three
distinct environments. We will address three key questions: 1) How does BNF
vary across legume species, cultivars and populations? 2) Are BNF rates linked
to plant characteristics commonly used by breeders (i.e. vigor, flowering time,
biomass) to assess legume performance? 3) How do environment x genetic
interactions influence BNF rates and how do they differ across legume species,
cultivars and populations? We will also conduct greenhouse experiments to
further development of 15N natural abundance methodology. The post-doc will be
based in the Drinkwater lab and will work with the project team, collaborating
closely with other team members based in Ithaca and supporting the screening
and breeding research that is underway in other locations (including North
Carolina, Maryland, Minnesota, Texas, Iowa and Washington). This is a two-year
position with the possibility of an extension depending on our ability to
secure future grant funding.

Applications: Please submit CV and cover letter stating interest and experience
relevant to the project, as well as contact information for three references to
Professor Laurie Drinkwater le...@cornell.edu<mailto:le...@cornell.edu>.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
The link to the full job description is provided below:
https://apps.hr.cornell.edu/recruiting/facultyview.cfm?posting_id=_Post-Doctoral-Associate_WDR-00010159