The Smith Fungal Biology Lab
(http://plantpath.ifas.ufl.edu/faculty/matthew-esmith/) and the Hulcr
Forest Entomology Lab (www.ambrosiasymbiosis.org) at
the University of Florida are recruiting a postdoctoral researcher to
start in Summer or Fall of 2017. We are seeking an independent
researcher who is broadly interested in fungal systematics, evolutionary
biology, and insect-fungi interactions to study ambrosia beetles and
their symbiotic fungi as part of an NSF-funded project.
We want someone with:
• A PhD degree in biological sciences
• A background that includes evolution, systematics, phylogenetic
analysis, computational approaches and/or fungal biology
• Laboratory and molecular biology experience
• Experience in isolation and maintenance of fungal cultures
• Solid English language abilities and strong scientific writing
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects, generate scientific
products and publish peer reviewed publications

Interested applicants should submit a single PDF document that includes
a CV and a brief cover letter indicating why they are appropriate for
the position to Dr. Matthew E. Smith (trufflesm...@ufl.edu).
We will begin reviewing applications on April 21st, 2017.