Please visit our website for full details: www.pestrisk.org

Meeting Announcement: The International Pest Risk Research Group (IPRRG)
will be hosting its 11th annual meeting in association with the Canadian
Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) from Tuesday 29th August – Friday 1st
September 2017 in Ottawa, Canada.

Call for Abstracts: Oral and poster presentations are invited on all
aspects of pest risk research. Pests include “any species, strain or
biotype of plant, animal, or pathogenic agent, injurious to plants” or
animals. Presentations on the meeting theme, “Predictability and
Uncertainty in Pest Risk Analysis”, are particularly welcomed but those
describing advances in modelling and mapping risks (e.g. pathway
analysis, species distribution modelling, spread modelling, uncertainty
analysis, climate change impacts, and vector-borne disease risk), impact
assessment, and communicating risks to policy-makers will also be
accepted. Graduate students are encouraged to participate fully.

Abstracts (max. 250 words) should be submitted by 15 May 2017 at
http://www.pestrisk.org/?page_id=1365. Members must log in to the IPRRG
website to access the submission form. In addition to technical
presentations and discussions, time is allotted for professional
networking and collaborative work on group projects, such as the IPRRG
global assessment of the risks posed by the brown marmorated stink bug,
Halyomorpha halys, to plant health. This undertaking, code-named
“Project Stinky”, is designed to catalyze the development of
international training materials that demonstrate accepted procedures
for modelling the spatio-temporal variation in pest risk. CFIA is
covering most of the registration costs, but a registration fee will be
payable to IPRRG in advance (an email will be sent when the amount has
been confirmed) or on arrival at the meeting to cover additional
expenses such as a group dinner, technical excursion and IPRRG webpage
costs. Students are eligible for a discounted rate.

About the IPRRG: The IPRRG, first convened in 2007 as the Pest Risk
Mapping Workgroup, is a dedicated group of research scientists and pest
risk practitioners that aims to  develop enhanced pest risk modelling
and mapping methods through rigorous and innovative research focused on
the key challenges faced by the discipline. We hold regular meetings to
present, discuss, and test new developments. We collaborate on group
projects, such as the aforementioned “Project Stinky”. We communicate
findings of the group and its members regarding these topics via our
website (www.pestrisk.org/) and publications to a broad international
audience that includes scientists, policymakers, and other end users. We
also provide technical training in the methods utilized to generate
these outputs, thereby promoting best practice in their application.

Joining the IPRRG is free and simple, either attend an annual meeting or
send a letter of interest to the Secretary-Treasurer (Dr. Darren
Kriticos, darren.kriti...@csiro.au). Better yet, visit the IPRRG website
(www.pestrisk.org/) today to register as a member!

For more information on our 11th Meeting in Ottawa please go to:
• http://www.pestrisk.org/?page_id=1196

Presentations from our last meeting in Parma, Italy in August 2016 are
available here:
• http://www.pestrisk.org/?page_id=1111