Middle Schoolers at the JGEMS charter school in Salem, OR are seeking
feedback from conservation biologists and managers on management plans they
are writing on threatened and endangered species.  They are looking for
people who can comment on 4 species: red pandas, hawksbill sea turtles,
pangolins and orcas.  If you have expertise with any of these species, their
ecosystems, or similar species and would be willing to donate a couple hours
of your time reviewing these students' work, please contact me at
brouw...@gmail.com <mailto:brouw...@gmail.com>

Below is additional information on the project and school.

JGEMS (https://sites.google.com/a/salkeiz.k12.or.us/jgems/about; The Jane
Goodall Environmental Middle School) is an environment- and
conservation-focused charter Middle School in Salem Oregon.  In 8th grade
the students' capstone project is to research and write a conservation
management plan for a threatened or endangered species.  As part of the
process students submit their work for review by conservation scientists and
managers.

The time commitment should be relatively small.  My niece went to this
school and my brother served on their board.  Last year I read my niece's
report, which was about 10 pages, provided comments on the document, and
sent an email with feedback.

I'd be happy to provide more information and send an example of what the
students produce.

Nathan L. Brouwer, PhD

Research Associate                         | National Aviary, Dept. of
Conservation & Field Research

Adjunct Assistant Professor            | Department of Biology, California
University of Pennsylvania

 <mailto:brouw...@gmail.com> brouw...@gmail.com                      |
<https://brouwern.wordpress.com/main-page/>
https://brouwern.wordpress.com/main-page/