The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Field Station offers natural history
workshops that provide
college-level instruction on focused topics under the guidance of experts.
We offer one-day, two-day
and week-long workshops, and housing and meals are available at the Station.
 Enrollment is limited to
20, the atmosphere is informal and instruction is individualized.

We are offering 9 classes for summer and fall 2017.

Introduction to the Algae
        Instructor: Dr. Robert Pillsbury
        June 2 & 3 (Friday & Saturday)

Vegetation of Wisconsin
        Instructor: Dr. James Reinartz
        June 12 - 17  (Monday - Saturday)

Sedges: Identification and Ecology.
        Instructor: Dr. Anton Reznicek
        June 16 & 17 (Friday & Saturday)
Please note that the Sedge class is full.  Contact us to be put on a wait list.

Wildlife Inventory and Monitoring
        Instructor: Dr. Gary Casper
        July 14 & 15 (Friday & Saturday)

Aquatic Invertebrates
        Instructors: Dr. Gretchen Meyer and Robert Clare
        July 28 & 29 (Friday & Saturday)

Grasses: Identification and Ecology
        Instructor: Dr. Robert Freckmann
        August 4 & 5 (Friday & Saturday)

Aquatic Vascular Plants: Identification and Ecology
        Instructor: Dr. Tim Gerber
        August 18 & 19 (Friday & Saturday)

Wetland Delineation
        Instructor: Alice Thompson
        September 15 & 16  (Friday & Saturday)

Invasive Plant Management Techniques
        Instructor: Dr. James Reinartz
        Sept. 30  (Saturday)

All of our workshops can be taken for continuing education credits, and some
are available for college
credit.  All classes are offered at the main Field Station property in
Saukville, WI, just north of
Milwaukee.  Please visit our website
(http://uwm.edu/field-station/workshops/) for information
on credit, class descriptions, and fee information, or contact us with
questions (262-675-6844,
field...@uwm.edu).

UWM Field Station
3095 Blue Goose Road