Postdoctoral fellowship on “Aquatic microbial ecology”
in the group of Prof. Dr. Kirsten Küsel at the Friedrich Schiller
University Jena

We focus research activities on experimental platforms like AquaDiva that
addresses
the vertical dimension of biodiversity. We are seeking a post-doctoral
researcher to perform a synthesis of bacteria-bacteria interactions and
overall community interactions. In addition, we want to integrate the
growing fields of macroecology with microbial ecology. For doing this, we
seek an enthusiastic postdoc to join our multinational and
interdisciplinary team (http://www.geomicrobiology.de/).

*PLEASE APPLY BY MAY 31 2017 via apply.idiv.de <http://apply.idiv.de/>  *

*CONTACT Dr. Kusel (kirsten.kue...@uni-jena.de
<kirsten.kue...@uni-jena.de>) for further questions regarding this
position *

*Topic/job description:*
- Data analysis using advanced statistics mainly using R based multivariate
statistics, network analysis toolboxes and modeling, e.g. structured
equation modeling
- Meta-omic analyses and mining of molecular microbial physiology databases
- Teamwork within iDiv (especially with the groups for theory and
synthesis) and other AquaDiva partners
- Co-supervision of doctoral researchers and supervision of master students
- Writing high-ranking scientific publication

*Requirements:*
- PhD in (molecular) microbial ecology, ecology, or bioinformatics with a
background in ecology
- Experience in working with omics ́ databases (high-throughput DNA or
RNA-sequencing)
- Training in multivariate statistics and network analysis
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in speaking and writing
- Solid experience in scientific publishing attested by first authored
publications in ISI listed journals
--
Dylan J. Craven, M.F.S., Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow

E-mail: dylan.cra...@aya.yale.edu
Personal Website: dylancraven.weebly.com
Skype: elgringacho