My department is searching for a tenure-track assistant professor in disease
ecology/evolution/environmental science this fall. The full ad is posted below.
We are an unusual and fun multidisciplinary science program affiliated with
three top liberal arts colleges in the Claremont consortium, just east of Los
Angeles. This job is a great fit for those interested in undergraduate teaching
and mentoring who also want to maintain an active research lab. The consortium
and our location in southern California give lots of opportunities to interact
and collaborate with colleagues, both on campus and at the many large
universities in our neighborhood.
I will be at the ESA meetings in Portland if anyone wants to connect and talk
more about this position. Feel free to also email questions
(dthom...@kecksci.claremont.edu<mailto:dthom...@kecksci.claremont.edu>).
Best,
Diane Thomson

The W.M Keck Science Department of Claremont McKenna, Pitzer and Scripps
Colleges invites applications for a tenure-track position in the
ecology/evolutionary biology of disease at the Assistant Professor level, to
begin July 2018. The department houses the biology, chemistry, physics and
environmental science faculty for three of the five undergraduate Claremont
Colleges, and offers innovative and interdisciplinary programs in both natural
and physical sciences. Many of our faculty participate in collaborative
research projects, both within the department and with research groups at
nearby institutions. Candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching and
development of a vibrant research program that engages undergraduate students.
We especially seek candidates whose work on disease is cross-disciplinary
within the sciences and speaks to students with diverse interests, including
the environment and human health. Of particular interest are candidates who
could offer courses on the mathematical modeling, ecology and/or evolution of
infectious disease, disease and the environment, and/or emerging diseases.
Teaching opportunities will include introductory courses in a core discipline
(biology or environmental science), as well as courses in the candidate’s area
of expertise. A Ph.D., postdoctoral experience and a record of scholarly
publication are required.

Please apply online at https://webapps.cmc.edu/jobs/faculty/home.php. Upload a
cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of your proposed approach to
teaching science in a liberal arts setting, a statement (of no more than 1
page) describing your approach and experience in mentoring diverse student
populations, a description of your proposed research, and the names and email
addresses of three references. Inquiries regarding the position may be emailed
to Professor Diane Thomson at
dthom...@kecksci.claremont.edu.<mailto:dthom...@kecksci.claremont.edu.>
Additional information about the department may be found at
www.kecksci.claremont.edu.<http://www.kecksci.claremont.edu/> Review of
applications will begin October 1, 2017, and the position will remain open
until filled.

The Keck Science Department of Claremont McKenna, Pitzer and Scripps Colleges
is an equal opportunity employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic
environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the
department actively encourages applications from women and members of
historically under-‐represented social groups in higher education.