Hello all,

We want to draw your attention to a new session for AGU 2017, H045:
Ecohydrological Insights from Spatial Patterns (Cross-listed with B and
GC sections). The objective of this session is to gather research that
applies spatial data and analyses towards better understanding
ecohydrological processes. Heterogeneity rarely reflects randomness but
instead demonstrates how controls over process differ by location.
Furthermore, how ecosystems or landscapes are arranged determines
interactions and feedbacks that yield emergent effects. We welcome all
spatially focused studies (at any scale) that contribute to our
ecohydrological understanding.

We have two great invited speakers: Rafael Poyatos (CREAF: Center for
Ecological Research and Forestry Applications. Barcelona, Spain) and
Julia Green (Columbia University, New York, USA):

A first look at the SAPFLUXNET database: global patterns in whole-plant
transpiration and implications for ecohydrological research. Rafael
Poyatos, Víctor Granda, Víctor Flo, Roberto Molowny-Horas, Maurizio
Mencuccini, Antoine Cabon, Miquel de Cáceres, Ram Oren, Gaby Katul,
Miguel Mahecha, Kathy Steppe, Jordi Martínez-Vilalta and SAPFLUXNET data
contributors

Regionally strong feedbacks between the atmosphere and terrestrial
biosphere. Julia K. Green, Alex Konings, Hamed S. Alemohammad, Joseph
Berry, Jana Kolassa, Jung-Eun Lee, Pierre Gentine

Abstracts are due 2nd of August.

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session25024

Sincerely,
Conveners:
Scott T Allen (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
Greg R Goldsmith (Chapman University, Orange CA, USA)