Dear colleagues,

As we enter the last week for submitting AGU abstracts, we would like to
invite you to submit your abstracts to our 2017 AGU Fall Meeting
session on *"B075
Understanding plant and ecosystem function across scales through the lens
of plant hydraulics(details below)"*. Please consider submitting abstracts
to our session through this link:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session25580

Thanks. All my best,

Xiaonan

Session ID#: 25580

Session Description:

Plant hydraulics, the water transport within plants along the
soil–plant–atmosphere continuum, has emerged as an important component in
understanding plant physiological functions and ecological processes such
as interspecies interactions and ecosystem productivity and resilience.
Hydraulic traits mediate how plants interact with the abiotic (e.g.
drought, temperature extremes) and biotic (e.g. disease agents,
competition) environments. Observations and experiments offer insights
about the physiological mechanism and coordination among anatomical and
hydraulic traits, while incorporating existing knowledge and emerging
discovery into process-based models offers the tool to interpret/predict
the spatiotemporal pattern across species and locations. This session seeks
to bring together researchers working in plant hydraulics to strengthen the
connections among observational and modeling studies. We invite
contributions of both observational and modeling efforts with a focus on
plant hydraulics and its implication for ecosystem structures and functions
at various temporal and spatial scales.

*Primary Convener*:  *Xiaonan Tai*, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY,
United States

*Conveners*:  *Kailiang Yu*1, *Martin Venturas*1 and *Jonathan R
Pleban*2, (1)University
of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, United States (2)University at Buffalo,
Buffalo, NY, United States

*Invited speakers:*

*John Sperry*

*William Anderegg*