Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract to our session *Recent Advances and
Future Directions in Data-Model Integration: Approaches for Improving
Predictive Understanding in the Biogeosciences*
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session29270> (Session
B060) at AGU this December.

*Confirmed invited speakers:*
Anthony Walker (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
Andy Fox (University of Arizona)

*Session Description:*
Terrestrial biogeochemical studies have increasingly focused on making
quantitative forecasts, taking advantage of substantial increases in data
availability, surges in computational capability and advances in
terrestrial biosphere models. However, major uncertainties remain in
current and future projections associated with these models. Data-model
integration can lead to more realistic model projections, as data can be
used to improve model boundary conditions, structures and parameterization,
and models provide experimentalists with thorough and timely information
for assessing and adjusting potential experimental designs. This session
aims to include presentations on efforts to better understand terrestrial
biogeochemical, water and energy cycles, especially in response to global
change, through data-model integration. We therefore invite contributions
from both experimentalists and modelers who share interests in diagnosing
and reducing model uncertainty and improving our predictive understanding
of responses of biogeochemical, water and energy cycles to global change
using a wide range of data and novel, multidisciplinary approaches.

*You can submit your abstract here
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session29270>.*

Submission Deadline:  2nd August.

Please forward to interested colleagues. We look forward to seeing you in
New Orleans!

Natasha MacBean (University of Arizona)

*on behalf of the session organizers:*
Lifen Jiang (University of Oklahoma)
Istem Fer (Boston University)
Margaret S Torn (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)

--
Dr Natasha MacBean | Associate Research Scientist
School of Natural Resources and the Environment,