Are you in Portland this Saturday, August 4th in anticipation of ESA 2017? Join
us for the Field-to-Collection Bioblitz in Forest Park and the Hoyt Arboretum!
Slots have been re-opened for this field trip, and we invite any and all to
participate.

On this field trip, we will be hiking through the beautiful, shady trails of
Forest Park, the largest urban forest in the United States situated just west
of the city of Portland. Along the way, we will observe and document the
interactions of local flora and fauna using iNaturalist, and we will discuss
the practice of collecting voucher specimens and capturing associated data.
After lunch, we will travel to the Hoyt Arboretum--a museum of living trees--to
visit their collection, learn about the process of specimen processing and
digitization, and take a short, volunteer-led tour for those interested.

The field trip will commence this Saturday from 8:00-4:30. More information can
be found here<https://eco.confex.com/eco/2017/webprogram/Session13102.html>
andhere<https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/Field-to-collections_Bioblitz_at_ESA_2017>
 or by emailing kpear...@bio.fsu.edu. You can register for this field trip
onsite beginning at 6:00 AM.

We hope to see you there!
~Katelin Pearson, on behalf of the organizing team: Libby Ellwood, Shelley
James, Deb Paul, Katelin Pearson, Katja Seltmann, and Mandy Tu