It is with great pleasure that we invite students to participate in the 14th
annual Southeastern Ecology and Evolution Conference (SEEC) to be held at
Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) in Estero, Florida from 22 to 24
September 2017.
SEEC is a student-run conference inviting undergraduate, graduate, and
postdoctoral scholars from the southeastern United States to present
research involving evolution and ecology. This conference is open to any
student possessing an interest in ecology and evolution, and serves as an
opportunity to share, discuss, and learn about research being conducted
concerning these fields.
Students are encouraged to submit an abstract of their research to present
at SEEC. We welcome research from any academic discipline (i.e. biology,
engineering, education, economics, and more) that pertains to the eco/evo
theme of the conference from both undergraduate and graduate programs. SEEC
provides those involved the opportunity to connect, present, discuss, and
compete with other students in an environment intended to instill
intellectual confidence and independence.
The conference will be a multifaceted blend of academic and environmental
activities highlighting the unique landscape in which FGCU is situated. The
event will be composed of poster presentations, oral presentations, and
activities including: a morning birding session, various workshops, and a
night hike. Meals are included with registration.
Registration can be found on our website: https://seec2017.wordpress.com/.
We will be accepting abstracts for the poster presentation and oral
presentation portions until 06 August.
We look forward to seeing you at this exciting event.