FACULTY POSITION IN EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY

The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh
invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the area
of Evolutionary Biology. The position is anticipated at the ASSISTANT
PROFESSOR level. We seek an outstanding scientist who will enhance and
complement existing strengths in ecology and evolution in our broad-based,
interactive biology department. We invite applications from all candidates
working on cutting edge questions in evolutionary biology using animal,
plant or microbial systems. Candidates working in the following areas
are especially encouraged to apply:

* Population, functional, evolutionary, or phylo- genomics

* Microbial evolution; evolution of the microbiome

* Evolutionary dynamics of host-pathogen or mutualistic interactions

* Experimental evolution, evolutionary development of plants

Further information about the Department of Biological Sciences and
our field station is available at: http://www.biology.pitt.edu. Highly
competitive start-up, compensation and benefits packages are offered.
Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. and postdoctoral research
experience and will be expected to establish an extramurally
funded research program, train graduate students, and actively
participate in undergraduate science education. To ensure full
consideration, applications and reference letters should be
received by 16 September 2017. Applicants can apply online at:
https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MTg3. Candidates should
submit (a) a letter of application, (b) a CV, (c) a 2-3-page statement
of research accomplishments and future plans, (d) a brief description of
teaching interests, (e) a description of how your research, teaching
or service demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion,
and (f) at least three letters of reference. For each reference,
you will have the opportunity to input a personal email address or
an email address generated through Interfolio's Online Application
Delivery. In both cases, an email notification will be sent to the
designated address with instructions about uploading letters of
recommendation into our system. The position is pending budgetary
approval. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity
and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled

Martin Turcotte, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences
University of Pittsburgh