From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
<ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU> on behalf of kapil K.Khadka <kishorka...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:47:10 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Need for letters for job applications

I agree with Brian and I have been going through this phase for the last couple
of months. As a PhD student in a track of graduation, I am applying for a
Postdoc position. And, everytime I apply I need to ask for letters from the
referees. So far I have found them happy enough for writing a letter. Sadly, I
don't even get a reply from the place I applied for saying (at least) " Hey! I
received your applications but was not competitive enough for the position"!

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:22 AM, John Anderson