Graduate Study in Urban Forest Ecology

We are looking for a capable student to join our Forest Ecology research
group at the Masters or PhD level beginning in January 2018.  Our research
broadly considers the structure and dynamics of forest communities in
human-shaped ecosystems.  The incoming student will participate in a study
examining the role of street and roadside trees in shaping the urban
microclimate and the long-term effects of trees on pavement condition.  In
addition to research commitments, the student will take courses and
occasionally serve as teaching assistant in the Department of Environmental
and Plant Biology.  The position is fully funded including tuition waivers.

Applicants should have a GPA of at least 3.4 and GRE scores above the 65th
percentile.  A strong work ethic, quantitative skills, and the ability work
independently are essential.  Applicants should be physically fit and
capable of field work in less-than-ideal conditions.  Previous field
experience is desirable.

The Department of Environmental and Plant Biology (
http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/ ) is a community of mutually supportive
faculty and students at Ohio University.  The University is situated in the
small city of Athens, nestled in the forested hills of the Allegheny
Plateau.  Application procedures are described at
http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/index.php/grad/admission_app .

If you are interested please contact Glenn Matlack at matl...@ohio.edu.  See
my web page at
http://www.plantbio.ohiou.edu/index.php/directory/faculty_page/glenn_matlack/ .