Dear Colleagues,

Our research team is a fan of #rstats and automation; however, we have not
fully moved all of our
processes over to this philosophy and revised our workflows. We have a
relatively high volume of cam
trap photos to process, and in the past, we did manually using this workflow:

http://www.ecoblender.org/cam-trapping-ten-simple-steps-to-process-all-those-amazing-photos/

We would really appreciate any advice, input, or experiences with your
successes in automating the
process of translating the photos into dataframes. The R-package 'camtrapR'
looks promising, and we
will will explore it now. However, we would like to know if there are any other
ideas/tools/general
workflows we should consider examining. We also approached Zooniverse to engage
the public in our
photos as well, but we certainly would like a better process for our team.

Thank you in advance.

cheers,
christopher lortie
lor...@yorku.ca