Seeking scientists, engineers and data experts to advise on the NEON project

Interested in ensuring that the National Ecological Observatory Network is a
valuable resource for your research? Consider joining a Technical Working Group
(TWG) and help shape NEON science and data. Battelle relies on almost two dozen
TWGs to advise on the NEON project. Our advisory groups work on topics ranging
from data standards to specific collection methods. The overarching objective
of TWGs is to ensure that the design and operation of the observatory is based
upon sound scientific rationale and good engineering practice. TWG members also
help make certain that NEON infrastructure, data and programs are a valuable
community resource.

As we complete construction of NEON sites, we are seeking TWG nominees that
represent a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and career stages. If you
are interested in helping us solve important science and technical questions
related to operating and maintaining NEON observatory subsystems, nominate
yourself or someone else today
(http://www.neonscience.org/twg-nomination-form). We are currently accepting
nominations through Sept 30, 2017 and will notify all nominees of whether they
have been selected by Oct 31, 2017. For groups that are needed for longer than
a year, nominations will be requested annually thereafter.

To learn more about NEON TWGs and how to join, please visit our website:
http://www.neonscience.org/observatory/advisory-groups/about-our-technical-working-groups.