Biologist, Senior

WestLand Resources Inc., is actively seeking an experienced biologist to
support our environmental consulting practice.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

The Senior Biologist will be expected to contribute to project planning,
manage and train field crews on sampling and survey techniques, lead
biological field studies, manage, analyze, and interpret data and
statistical analysis, and to provide assistance for the development of
conservation and mitigation measures for potential adverse impacts to
biological resources. This position is expected to write reports in an
efficient and effective manner while working closely with the Director of
Natural Resources, project managers, and other team members.

REQUIREMENTS
•       M.S. or higher degree in Biology/Ecology or related field. A
Bachelor's degree with additional experience will be considered.
•       Expertise in one or more disciplines, such as vertebrate zoology,
botany,
or aquatic biology, etc., through coursework or experience.
•       Excellent writing and oral communication abilities.
•       5+ years experience and demonstrated ability working in biological
resource surveys, inventories, and analyses strongly preferred.
•       Experience with U.S. Federal and State regulations preferred.
•       Ability to navigate physically in a desert environment, while exposed to
extreme temperatures and rough terrain.
•       Experience in the southwestern United Stated preferred.

WestLand prides itself on providing a work environment that is relaxed and
collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery
and work product quality.  Our team approach to both project and staff
development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled
and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
 We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
abuse testing.

Apply on-line at
https://westlandresources.applicantpro.com/jobs/626474-128570.html or
through the Careers tab on the WestLand Resources website
(www.westlandresources.com).

EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability