The Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS) Multicultural Mentoring Program
(SWaMMP) announces the availability of student awards for travel to attend
the SWS annual meeting in Denver, CO from May 29-June 1, 2018. In order to
meet our goal of increasing diversity in wetland science fields, the Society
brings the students to our national meeting and matches them with mentors
for the duration of the meeting.

Undergraduate students from groups underrepresented in the sciences are
encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity. We will cover all travel
expenses associated with the meeting. Participants must be citizens or
permanent residents of the United States or its possessions. Students
graduating in Spring 2018 are eligible. Participants are selected based on
academic promise, interest in exploring a career in the natural sciences,
potential for serving as a mentor, and demonstrated commitment to increasing
opportunities for underrepresented students.

Additional information is available from Dr. Vanessa Lougheed, University of
Texas at El Paso (vlough...@utep.edu) and on the program’s web page
(http://www.sws.org/Awards-and-Grants/sws-undergraduate-mentoring-program-
swammp.html). Application deadline is November 4, 2017.

There may also be some funding available from SWaMMP for graduate student
travel from groups underrepresented in the sciences. Graduate students
should contact Dr. Lougheed directly for application information.