Hello, all:

I am interested to get folks' feedback on which species diversity indices
are considered more informative and robust to assumptions.  Investigations
into Web of Science and Google Scholar bring up the Magurran book
(2013: *Ecological
Diversity and its Measurement*), and many-decades-old reviews on the
topic.  I dug into this topic pretty comprehensively back in the mid-1990s,
but would be keen if anyone were willing to point co-authors and I to any
more-recent reviews, or papers on the the topic that you find especially
good.

Our end goal is to test whether any one of several aspects of
plant-community composition may be i a proximate mediating mechanism by
which a habitat-obligate (talus-dwelling), climate-responsive
lagomorph (*Ochotona
princeps*) that lives in cool, moist areas typically at higher elevations
is persisting or not, across a >40-million-ha ecoregion during the 20th and
early 21st centuries.  We're using an information-theoretic framework to
compare evidence in support of a number of competing *a priori *hypotheses
about which vegetative characteristics (if any) may be strongly governing
that process of persistence.

Please respond to me off-list at ebeeve...@gmail.com, or via phone at (406)
994-7670.  Thanks in advance for any help !
Erik