This years Annual Meeting of the Midwest-Great Lakes Chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration (SER MWGL) will be held in Stevens Point, Wisconsin in April 2018 (http://chapter.ser.org/midwestgreatlakes/current-meeting/).  The SER MWGL Chapter serves the seven states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.  Our Annual Meetings have become known as excellent and exciting venues for ecological restoration.  Our past nine Annual Meetings have attracted between 98 to 233 attendees from 20 states (all seven chapter states and California, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, New York, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, West Virginia), one Canadian province (Ontario), and Bogota, Columbia for this three day event.  The typical structure of our meeting included poster session/sponsorship reception, dinner/keynote address, one to two plenary sessions, three to four concurrent oral presentation sessions, a business meeting, and offsite field trips.  This year's meeting is being held in conjunction with the 40th Annual Wisconsin Lakes Partnership Convention and Water Action Volunteer Symposium (https://www.uwsp.edu/cnr-ap/uwexlakes/pages/programs/convention/default.aspx) and represents the first time that the Chapter has held a joint meeting with another organization.

Our meeting theme is “Heeding the Call”, which represent our primary goal of exploring how to promote the call to expand restoration efforts and partnerships beyond the typical site scale to larger spatial scales encompassing multiple ecosystem types.Our secondary goal is to bring together all who are interested in ecological restoration and contribute to advancing the field of ecological restoration.

We are soliciting workshop proposals, symposia proposals, and contributed presentation abstracts for the meeting.   We encourage the submission of proposals and abstracts that are directly related to the meeting theme and our meeting goal, as well as proposals involving any topic related to ecological restoration.

*The deadline for submitting a workshop or symposia proposal is 11/1/2017*.Details on submitting a workshop or symposia proposal can be found at the website below:

http://chapter.ser.org/midwestgreatlakes/current-meeting/call-for-workshop-and-symposia-proposals/

*The deadline for submission of abstracts for contributed oral and poster presentations is December 1, 2017.*Details on submitting a contributed presentation abstract can be found at the website below:

http://chapter.ser.org/midwestgreatlakes/current-meeting/call-for-abstracts/

In conclusion, we want to encourage everyone to Heed the Call and submit a workshop proposal, a symposia proposal, or an contributed presentation abstract.Additionally, please share this information with your colleagues whom you think would be interested in contributing and attending our upcoming annual meeting.  Feel free to contact us (mwgl....@gmail.com <mailto:mwgl....@gmail.com>) if you have questions about our upcoming Annual Chapter Meeting.

Sincerely,

Rocky

--
Dr. Rocky Smiley