Population, Community or Theoretical Ecologist Position

Department of Biological Sciences
Louisiana State University

The Department of Biological Sciences at Louisiana State University invites
applications
for a tenure-track position in Population, Community or Theoretical Ecology at
the level of
Assistant Professor. We seek a broadly trained ecologist who addresses
questions
regarding population demography and regulation, community structure and
interactions, or
the maintenance and function of biodiversity. The successful candidate will be
expected to
develop a strong, competitively funded research program. Favorable candidates
will also
complement our department’s existing strengths, teach an undergraduate course
in
ecology, and a graduate course in their area of expertise. The position will be
available in
August 2018. A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a biological science or related
field is
required. Postdoctoral experience is also required. Review of applications will
begin
November 13, 2017. The application should include a curriculum vitae,
statements of
research and teaching interests, three representative publications, and the
names of three
references that can provide letters of recommendation at a future date.

To apply, please follow the link: https://tinyurl.com/LSUAsstProfEcology

If you have any questions about the position or LSU, please contact me.