Hi everyone,

I’d like to announce an entomology discovery week in Panama, a week-long
immersion trip in Cocobolo Nature Reserve from 14 to 21 January 2018, with a
focus on insects, arachnids and other invertebrates. I’ll be organising and
hosting it, likely with a co-host (upon confirmation). I'm an environmental
engineer, professional photographer, science communicator, and resident
scientist in Panama, www.fb.com/stephane.degreef.photography

This is an informal course open to all, with no biology background required, an
introduction to the orders and main families, with lectures on biodiversity,
taxonomy, identification, and a lot of time observing arthropods in the
rainforest and cloud forest, as well as light trapping and learning about
various collecting techniques. The first camp in 2017 attracted members of the
general public with no scientific background, entomologists and professional
photographers alike, all sharing an interest in tropical entomology.

Here’s the key information:

What: accessible 8-day jungle immersion trip for up to 12 participants and two
experienced hosts with a focus on insects and other arthropods

When: 14 to 21 Jan 2018, with additional bugcamps in April, May, July, August
2018.

Where: Cocobolo Nature Reserve & Field Station, 50Km NE of Panama City, Panama.
Primary rainforest, cloud forest, 200-750m More info on habitat at
crea-panama.org <http://crea-panama.org/>

How much: 1600$ per participant, including tuition, accommodation, meals, local
transport. See website for details.

How to proceed: go to www.BugCamps.com for pictures, videos, info, testimonies
from participants and booking.

Hoping to see some of you soon,