​I am seeking to converse with anyone doing research on allelopathy as a
tool to manage Japanese knotweed (*Fallopia japonica/Polygonum cuspidatum*).
In efforts to avoid using chemical herbicides when attempting to manage
knotweed on streambanks, I'd like to be able to at least explore some
options for native or near-native trees, shrubs, or even ground-cover that
has shown promise, even theoretically.​  I have begun to look at the work
done in New Zealand with activated charcoal, but it's the next step I'm
interested in -- not just making knotweed's allelopathic chemicals inert or
ineffective, but "combating" knotweed at the level of soil chemistry.

Thank you kindly;

Kelly Stettner, Director
Black River Action Team

blackriverclea...@gmail.com