Hi,

We are hiring and I would appreciate it if you could pass on the below job
ad to those on the ECOLOG listserv.  Many thanks!

The Biology Department at the University of Dallas seeks applicants for a
tenure-track position starting in Fall 2018. Candidates must have a Ph.D.
by time of employment with a strong commitment to undergraduate research
and a record of past work in the area of computational
biology/bioinformatics as part of a human genetics, biomedical sciences,
biochemistry, systems biology or equivalent.  Postdoctoral experience is
preferred.  The successful candidate will regularly teach upper-division
courses that cover fundamental biological principles, an upper-division
course in the candidate’s area of specialization (computational
biology/bioinformatics/biophysics/biomedical/biostatistics) with the
potential to occasionally teach interdisciplinary courses in collaboration
with other university programs.  The candidate will aid in advising majors,
including students interested in graduate careers.

Candidates should submit a letter of application explaining their
suitability for the position, C.V., undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
the names and contact information for three references, a research plan, a
statement on teaching philosophy, and evidence of teaching effectiveness to
https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/. Any questions about the position should be
directed to Dr. William Cody, Department of Biology, University of Dallas,
1845 E. Northgate Dr., Irving, TX 75062; wc...@udallas.edu. Review of
applications will begin as soon as received and continue until January 15,
2018 or the position is filled.

The University of Dallas is a Catholic university which seeks to educate
the whole person, encouraging its students to pursue wisdom, truth, and
virtue as the primary ends of education, and we invite you to review our
Mission (http://www.udallas.edu/about/mission.php).  The University of
Dallas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.  The university
does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran
status, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.

Link: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000399757-01

--
Deanna Soper, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biology