Reminder to register for StanCon! We’re at Asilomar this year so once we sell
out we’re out of
space… Also, we have a schedule up:
http://mc-stan.org/events/stancon2018/#speakers-and-schedule
If you’re new to Stan you can come, see what people are doing and get up and
running with
the language in 8 hours of intro tutorial, or for more advanced people, drop
into advanced
hierarchical models or Gaussian processes.

More info:

StanCon is happening at the beautiful Asilomar conference facility at the beach
in Monterey
California for three days starting January 10, 2018 (yes, just after the AmNat
meeting). We
have space for 200 attendees.

If you don't already know, Stan is a great language for probabilistic modeling
with Bayesian
analysis. If you do statistics, machine learning or data science then you need
to know about
Stan.

StanCon offers a dense schedule of invited talks, submitted papers, and
tutorials unavailable
in any other format. Balancing the intellectual intensity of cutting edge
statistical modeling are
fun activities like indoor R/C airplane building/flying/designing
(http://brooklynaerodrome.com)
and non-snobby blind wine tasting for after dinner activities. We will have the
first ever "wear
your poster" reception. And no parallel sessions--you get the entire
StanCon2018, not a slice.

Go to http://mc-stan.org/events/stancon2018 to register.

More details:

We have 6 invited talks:

Andrew Gelman, Department of Statistics and Political Science, Columbia
University
Susan Holmes, Department of Statistics, Stanford University
Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, Educational Statistics and Biostatistics, University of
California,
Berkeley
Sean Taylor and Ben Letham, Facebook Core Data Science
Manuel Rivas, Department of Biomedical Data Science, Stanford University
Talia Weiss, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Submitted talks:

We have 18 accepted talks ranging from public policy viewed through Bayesian
analysis to
painful theory papers. Talks are self-contained knitr or Jupyter notebooks that
will be made
publicly available after the conference.

Tutorials:

We have tutorials that start at the crack of 8am for those desiring further
edification beyond
the awesome program. Total time ranges from 8 hours to 1 hour depending on
topic—these
will be parallel but don’t conflict with the main conference.

That's it! StanCon2018 is going to be a pressure cooker of learning and fun.
Don't miss it.

Go to http://mc-stan.org/events/stancon2018 and register.

Lizzie and the rest of the StanCon Organizing Committee