Hi Adam and Emily (and others)
Although I understand your meaning, your request is a little vague: advice on where to go from student position could be of many forms (not to mention of many opinions). There are many blogs out there that provide such advice for students. I like a lot the one of Jeremy Fox (https://dynamicecology.wordpress.com/author/oikosjeremy/). And I also have one (https://biodiversitydynamics.wordpress.com/) which is focused on work and life advice for students (how to balance your work/life, how to chose your PhD topic, or your supervisor, etc (go browse, sometimes the title of the post doesn't say it all...)). Also, you can refine your question and ask colleagues. I'm guessing even here on this list you could get some good feedback to precise questions.
good luck with it and happy holiday season!
Franck

On 28/12/17 14:28, Emily Diaz wrote:
I'm on the same boat as Adam, though I'm a student in South Florida instead. If someone currently in the field could offer guidance to us it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Emily Diaz
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Adam Schultz" <adam.t.schu...@wolves.northern.edu <mailto:adam.t.schu...@wolves.northern.edu>>
Date: Dec 28, 2017 2:55 AM
Subject: [ECOLOG-L] Life Advice
To: <ECOLOG-L@listserv.umd.edu <mailto:ECOLOG-L@listserv.umd.edu>>

    Hello,

    I am a college student in South Dakota studying biology and
    environmental science, currently in my last year. I have been a
    part of this email list for about a little less than a year now,
    and recieve many promising emails everyday that help me to
    continue my own optimism towards my future field. One thing that I
    do not see, however, and would really appreciate guidance on, is
    advice on where I should go from my current position. How might I
    go about getting said guidance, or if possible, can anyone reading
    this provide any helpful insight? Thank you very much!

    Adam T Schultz

--

Franck Courchamp

/Biodiversity Dynamics /

Lab of Ecologie, Systematique & Evolution• UMR CNRS 8079•

Bat. 362, Université Paris-Sud

91405 ORSAY Cedex, FRANCE

*T*el:+33 (0)1 69 15 56 85

*W*eb:http://www.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/pages/Franck/index.html