Study monkeys in Costa Rica summer 2018!

Educational Organization: Tree Field Studies

Organization Website:
http://treefieldstudies.wix.com/treefieldstudies<http://treefieldstudies.wix.com/treefieldstudies>

Program Description:
     This course is designed to teach undergraduate and graduate students the
basic skills necessary to study primate behavior in the wild. Throughout this
course you will learn techniques in ecological and behavioral data collection
and complete an independent study on one of three primate species native to the
area (Ateles geoffroyi, the black handed spider monkey; Cebus capucinus, the
white-faced capuchin; Alouatta palliata, the mantled howler monkey).

This course will take place at El Zota Biological Station, an inland tropical
wet forest site comprised of primary, secondary and regenerating forest. The
last few days will be held on the coast (location a function of the weather).
At or nearby to this location students will get to do some fun activities like:
see a cloud forest visit a coffee/chocolate plantations, go white water
rafting, zip-lining, sea-turtle watching, and snorkeling. Space is limited so
contact us soon! Due date for the application is March 15th; though we will
give priority to folks applying now.

Application requirements:

  *   Completion of the Tree Field Studies Application (available on the Tree
Field Studies website),
  *   1 Reference Letter

Tuition:
$2895 US dollars: this fee includes all in-country costs: room, board, and
instruction.

Course Dates:
June 15th - July 5th 2018

Application due date:
March 15th - but available now at
http://treefieldstudies.wix.com/treefieldstudies<http://treefieldstudies.wix.com/treefieldstudies>

Notes:
Admission preference is given to those registering early. However,we will apply
serious consideration to applications submitted by May 15th, 2017.

** University credit available from The University of New Mexico.

In addition, please do not hesitate to contact one of our team members about
applying - even if your intent to apply is past any of our due dates. We will
consider any application past our due dates on a case-by-case basis.

Organization Website:
http://treefieldstudies.wix.com/treefieldstudies<http://treefieldstudies.wix.com/treefieldstudies>

Contact Information:
Dr. Lorna Joachim<mailto:lfjoac...@comcast.net>