We are looking for a prospective postdoc in aquatic ecology/modelling in
a competitive cluster hire at the Faculty of Science, University of
South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic.

Six postdoc positions are offered, each for 11 months with possibility
of further extension. The positions start from 1 June 2018. Deadline for
applications is on 5 February 2018.

Our aquatic ecology group lead by Jaroslav Vrba and David Boukal is
actively seeking candidates with expertise that complements of extends
our own focus on consequences of human impacts such as climate change,
habitat alteration and eutrophication on freshwater habitats and
ecosystems. We combine laboratory and field experiments, long-term field
studies and modelling to understand how environmental drivers shape
individual life histories, species interactions, population dynamics and
community assembly in standing freshwaters ranging from small pools to
large reservoirs.

Given the relatively short duration of the postdoc, candidates with
interest in modelling, analysis of existing data or short-term
experiments are preferred.

Please send any informal enquiries to dbou...@prf.jcu.cz and
jaroslav.v...@prf.jcu.cz.

The complete advertisements can be found at
https://www.researchgate.net/job/903058_Postdoctoral_positions_at_the_Fa
culty_of_Science-Interdisciplinary and
https://www.researchgate.net/job/903060_Postdoctoral_positions_at_the_Fa
culty_of_Science-Interdisciplinary

Ceske Budejovice is a medium-sized town ca. 150 km south of Prague with
100,000 inhabitants, a relaxed atmosphere, and a growing community of
foreign scientists at 3 faculties and 5 research institutes dealing with
aquatic and terrestrial biota and located on the same campus, allowing
easy access to other researchers and resources. Both the town and the
surrounding countryside provide numerous opportunities for research and
leisure activities. Living costs are low by international standards.
Czech courses are available for foreign staff.