Research Internships 2018

Are you interested in gaining field research experience and learning about
the ecology and evolution of plants and plant-animal interactions in
fragmented prairie? The Echinacea Project is offering several summer and
year-long research internships for students and soon-to-be graduates. We
have diverse potential projects for students with backgrounds or interests
in plant ecology, pollination biology, evolution, statistics, conservation,
and computer science. In the past, interns have completed projects on a
variety of topics including pollination biology, prairie restoration, and
plant-herbivore interactions.

No experience is necessary, but you must be enthusiastic and hard-working.
You will survey natural plant populations, measure plant traits in
experimental plots, hand-pollinate plants, observe & collect insects, and
assist in all aspects of research. Housing is provided and there is a
stipend. Undergraduate students have the opportunity to do an independent
project as an REU participant.

Information about our offerings for summer 2018 and the year starting in
June 2018 is here: http://echinaceaproject.org/opportunities/. Review of
applications will begin on February 22nd for REU internships and on March
1st for other positions. The team and I are happy to answer questions.

-----
Stuart Wagenius, Ph.D.
Conservation Scientist
Chicago Botanic Garden