8th International Conference on the Biology of Butterflies

Dates: 11-14 June 2018

Place: Bangalore, India

The 8th International Conference on the Biology of Butterflies conference
will be held in Bangalore, India, from 11-14 June 2018. The International
Conferences on the Biology of Butterflies are international gatherings,
organized every four years, of primarily professional biologists who study
evolutionary biology, behaviour, ecology, systematics, biogeography,
genetics, developmental biology, and biodiversity conservation, with
butterflies and moths as their focal study organisms. This is an excellent
academic and professional forum for latest discoveries and to exchange news
in these research areas.

Tourism: Visiting Bangalore for the conference will also provide a fantastic
opportunity to for cultural and natural history tours. We are organizing a 1
day pre-conference field trip to Makalidurga near Bangalore, and will
facilitate longer post-conference trips to some exciting places in the
Western Ghats. The BoB website has more information. We encourage you to
visit along with family and friends

Workshop: We will also have a 3 day post-conference workshop (19-21 June)
intended primarily for students interested in butterfly biology. This will
be held in Coorg, ca. 270 km from Bangalore.

Website: www.biologyofbutterflies.org

Organisers:
Krushnamegh Kunte (krushnam...@ncbs.res.in)
Ullasa Kodandaramaiah (ull...@iisertvm.ac.in)