New at Mongabay, we highlight the struggles of people in the conservation
field who face harassment:

https://news.mongabay.com/2018/02/safe-spaces-tackling-
sexual-harassment-in-science/

   - *Through this 3-month long investigation, Mongabay examined a variety
   of common situations in sciences where people are victimized by uneven
   power dynamics and abuses of authority in the sciences across the Americas.*
   - *Most of those who spoke to Mongabay for this story asked to remain
   anonymous for fear of serious repercussions for their career.*
   - *Though those interviewed were based throughout the Americas, Mongabay
   has received other tips from around the world describing a wide variety of
   abuses of power.*

Please share with colleagues who track issues like these, and thanks,

Erik

--

See my latest writing and photojournalism projects here
<http://www.erikhoffner.com/>

*tw: @erikhoffner <https://twitter.com/ErikHoffner>*