Dear Colleagues:

We are preparing a proposal for a special issue entitled:“Impact of 2017
Hurricanes on Estuaries and Coasts in the Caribbean and the Gulf Coast regions”
for publication in the Estuaries and Coasts (ESCO) journal.

This journal publishes original research papers on broad topics ranging from
hydrodynamics, hydrology, geochemistry, geology and biology and their
interactions in marine waters influenced by connectivity to land.  The
journal's geographic scope includes coastal watersheds, tidal rivers,
estuaries, lagoons, inland seas, wetlands, and near-shore coastal waters from
polar to equatorial latitudes.

Initial inquiries about contributing manuscripts that describe the
post-hurricane study results in this proposed special issue were very
encouraging.  The editorial board members of ESCO have also expressed their
interest in hosting this special issue.  We now are broadening our initial call
for contributions and hope you will consider joining our effort with a
contribution of your own.

At this stage, we would like to ask you to:

  *   Send us the initial title(s) of your manuscript(s), the author names and
their institutional affiliations, and the region (Gulf of Mexico, South
Florida, Caribbean) where the hurricane study was conducted.
  *   Forward this e-mail to your colleagues who may not be on the list-servers
included in this e-mail.
Important information to consider before committing to the special issue:

  *   Submissions of manuscripts for the special issue will proceed through the
normal Journal peer-review process and will meet the same scientific rigor as
any other submissions.  Each submission must individually stand on its own
merits.  Being associated with the special issue does not qualify for any
special treatment.

  *   Guest editors will organize an ensemble of high quality, relevant
manuscripts and will conduct rigorous review of all manuscripts before
submission to ESCO to ensure that they meet ESCO, scientific and English
language standards and make sure that they address the special issue topic.

  *   There are NO page/printing charges, but the open access fee is
$3000/manuscript (this opportunity is OPTIONAL).  Color reproduction is free
online and color print is $11.50/paper

  *   Papers will be posted on the Journal’s website as soon as they are
accepted for publication (on-line first)

  *   The DEADLINE for manuscript submission to the guest-editors is August 31st

As part of this effort and at the editor’s suggestion, we are also planning to
organize a special session on the same topic at the CERF 2019 Conference in
Mobile, Alabama.

 We hope you will indicate your interest in publishing a manuscript in this
special issue and we are looking forward to receiving your e-mails confirming
your commitment to this effort!

 Best Regards,

Anna Wachnicka, PhD

James Fourqurean, PhD

Joan Browder, PhD

Ian Zink, PhD

Anna Armitage, PhD

<)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))>< <)))><

 Ian C. Zink, PhD
 Post Doctoral Associate
 Cooperative Institute for Marine & Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS)
 U. of Miami - Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS)
 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
 Miami, FL 33149
 cell: 603-498-3988
 email: iz...@rsmas.miami.edu

 NOAA Affiliate
 NOAA - National Marine Fisheries Service
 Southeast Fisheries Science Center
 75 Virginia Beach Dr.
 Miami, Florida 33149
 office: 305-361-4297