Puni Jeyasingh's research group at Oklahoma State University (
http://puni.okstate.edu/) is recruiting a doctoral student interested in
discovering fundamental rules underlying biomass production. Specifically,
we seek to illuminate adjustments in the processing of all elements in a
cell or organism (i.e. its ionome) in response to differential supply of
elements that are known to limit growth (e.g., carbon, nitrogen,
phosphorus). Such adjustments should carry substantial costs, although very
little is known. We primarily study aquatic (freshwater) organisms using
chemostats, and in-lake mesocosms. Candidates will learn basic theories
describing growth, experimental ecology using post-genomic era tools,
and analyses
of high dimensional data. Such work can prepare the student for a career in
academia, industry, or government, depending on the specific topic chosen
for the dissertation.

The position will be funded (stipend + health insurance + tuition waivers)
via research and/or teaching assistantships for the entirety of the
doctoral program, pending satisfactory performance. The position is
available as early as the Fall 2018 semester (mid-August).

Selection process:
1) Email Puni indicating interest (along with CV);
puni.jeyasi...@okstate.edu
2) Preliminary dialog/e-interview to determine fit
3) Apply formally to the OSU Graduate College (a BS or MS in a biological
field is required to be considered for admission to the doctoral program).