We seek several PhD students, a postdoc and a research technician to join
our newly funded “Seasonality in the Cape” project exploring the impacts of
changes in rainfall seasonality on vegetation and birds in the global
biodiversity hotspot of the Greater Cape Floristic Region (GCFR) of South
Africa. Changes in seasonality of rainfall might have profound impacts for
this highly diverse and endemic vegetation in the only winter-rainfall
dominated region of sub-Saharan Africa.

Our project will combine large-scale outdoor experiments with remote-sensing
and citizen science data across the GCFR to tackle this issue. Opportunity
exists for the development of key skills in: field experimental approaches,
collecting and analyzing physiological, demographic and community data,
ecological remote sensing and data analysis.  All student positions start 1
July 2018 and the post-doc and technician position 1 June 2018.

For more information please visit http://www.seec.uct.ac.za/news/positions-
available-our-seasonality-cape-project