There are probably a number of us on this list who have been concerned
enough about conservation issues to meet directly with elected officials, in
hopes of making a better case in person than through a letter or email.

    Unfortunately, as many of us know, most elected officials don’t share our
concerns and are rarely willing to step far enough out of their silos to
listen.  This limits our effectiveness as conservationists, and suppresses our
voices as citizens.

    I have such an experience I’d like to share, for the benefit of anyone else
who has considered speaking with their own elected officials.  But where to
share it?  I would appreciate advice on a platform or publication which would
be open to a piece like this, and which would be widely read by the
conservation-minded and interested citizens in general.  All constructive
suggestions are welcome, with my thanks in advance.

                               - J. A.