=======Application deadline extended to 11 May, 2018=======

I am searching for a full-time research assistant to join my lab in the summer
of 2018 to assist with a project investigating the effects of saltwater
intrusion on coastal agroecosystems on the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland. The
research assistant will collect and process soil, plant, and water samples from
research farms and assist with
laboratory analysis.

Requirements: Fieldwork can be physically demanding. Applicants must be able to
lift at least 30 pounds, hike to field sites, and spend many hours in hot and
buggy
conditions. Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in ecology, soil
science, or a related field. Prior experience in soil sampling and analysis is
preferred, so please
describe any relevant experience in your cover letter. Funding is available for
1 year with a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please visit:
https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/59493

The AgroEcoLab at the University of Maryland is directed by Kate Tully. Our
research examines how to balance food and environmental objectives in a
changing world. The
specific project will test the effect of saltwater intrusion, the landward
movement of sea salts, on crop productivity, water quality, and metrics of soil
health. Our objectives
are to develop management strategies and policy frameworks that can balance
farmer needs and environmental health on coastal farms that are losing land to
saltwater
intrusion. Learn more about our lab on the web at: www.agroecolab.org